This Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is creamy, delicious, and easy to make in an Instant Pot. You’ll never want to make a cheesecake any other way.
My husband is not a big fan of most desserts. However, he likes cheesecake. I have mentioned before that my love language is dessert, so I try to make him special desserts for his birthday. This past year I decided to make him a chocolate chip cheesecake in my Instant Pot. It was delicious! However, it was ugly. So, I had to work on a few things before I could share the recipe.
My mother-in-law also likes cheesecake, so I decided I would make her the chocolate chip cheesecake for her birthday as well. However, to make the cheesecake prettier, I tried a few new techniques. It didn’t work. Well, the cake was pretty, but when we cut into it, I saw that the center hadn’t cooked. I definitely couldn’t share that version with you.
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
I was sorely disappointed about my mother-in-law’s birthday cheesecake. I needed to redeem myself and make it again. So, for mother’s day, I made this recipe again and voila, it turned out how I wanted!
Since I want you to learn from my mistakes, I’m sharing a few tips for making this Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cheesecake:
- You want to stir the eggs as little as possible. So, first stir in the chocolate chips. Break the eggs into a bowl, pierce them with a fork to break the yolk, and then stir them in as the very last step. And stir as little as possible to incorporate them.
- Do not cover the top of the cheesecake with foil. If you do, your cooking time will be much longer than this recipe states.
- This recipe is for a 6.5 inch springform pan. If you use a larger or smaller one, your cooking time will likely be different.
- Despite being careful with the eggs, you may still have your cheesecake bubble a bit on the top. Fortunately, the ganache will cover most of this. If it’s bothering you, once the cake is completely cooled, level it with a knife.
This Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is creamy, delicious, and easy to make in an Instant Pot. You'll never want to make a cheesecake any other way.
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into the sides of a 7″ springform pan so that the crust goes about 2/3 up the sides.
Use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, and no clumps remain. Then beat in sugar, cornstarch, and flour until well combined.
Next beat in sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla. Then stir in mini chocolate chips.
Finally, break eggs in a bowl and pierce yolks with a fork or toothpick a few times. Stir eggs into cream cheese mixture, stirring as little as possible to incorporate eggs.
Pour batter over crust. If batter does not fully cover crust, remove the crust that you can see (any crust over the batter will get soggy).
Place 1 cup of water in the bottom of Instant Pot. Place pan on metal Instant Pot rack and lower into base. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. Let natural release for 20 minutes.
Allow cake to cool for 1 hour, the transfer to refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving.
Once cake has cooled in refrigerator, use a knife to loosen sides of cake from pan, then gently remove side of springform pan.
Place dark chocolate chips and syrup in a heat safe bowl. In a microwave safe bowl, heat heavy cream until boiling, about 45 seconds. Pour heavy cream over chocolate chips and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let sit for 5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and whisk until smooth.
At this point you can simply use a spoon to spread ganache over cheesecake, or you can place it in a squeeze bottle to make drips down the side of the cake and cover the top.
Place bowl and whisk attachment of a mixer in freezer for at least 10 minutes.
After this, place heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla in the bowl. Using the whisk attachment, start mixing on low speed until ingredients are combined, then gradually increase speed to high speed until stiff peaks form (this means that if you lift the cream with the beater, the cream will form a peak that does not fall). Do not over beat or you may end up with a butter consistency.
Use cream to decorate top of cake as desired.
If you enjoyed this Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, you might enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Links to items used to make this recipe: