Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Lemongrass Curry Chicken
Lemongrass Curry Chicken. Chicken and vegetables cooked in a lemongrass, curry sauce with coconut milk, served with rice and naan. Savory, flavorful, and delicious.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2.5 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 red pepper cut into thin slices
- 2 cups cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 cups Jasmine rice cooked according to package instructions
- Naan, cilantro, lime juice
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add ginger, garlic, and onion. Saute until onion has softened, about 4 minutes.
Add in coconut milk, chicken broth, lime juice, lemon juice, lemongrass paste, curry, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Whisk until well combined.
Stir in chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
Then, stir in red pepper, cauliflower, and snap peas. Simmer, uncovered, for an additional 20 minutes.
Serve over rice and/or with naan. Top with cilantro and lime juice if desired.
Serving: 1Serving without naan | Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 552mg | Potassium: 932mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 59.9mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 3.3mg