Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Greek Chicken over Orzo Lentil Salad
Greek Chicken over Orzo Lentil Salad. Delicious grilled chicken marinated with Greek spices on top of an orzo lentil salad with an herb vinaigrette and fresh vegetables.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves packed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves packed
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 green pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup dried orzo cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup dried green lentils cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cucumber diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium sized tomato cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 red onion cut into bite sized pieces
Chicken and Green Pepper
Place all ingredients, except for the chicken, in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Pour sauce over chicken, cover and refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Preheat grill to 500 degrees. Once it reaches temp, reduce to 450 degrees. Place chicken directly on grill. Grill until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Brush green pepper pieces with 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Place on aluminum foil on grill. Cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
In a large bowl, stir together cooked orzo and lentils, 2 tbsp chopped parsley, 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, cucumber, tomato, and red onion.
Place 1/4 cup parsley, 1/4 cup cilantro, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Pour sauce over orzo vegetable mixture and stir well.
Serve chicken and green pepper over salad.
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 722mg | Potassium: 955mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 3.8mg