Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Slow Cooker Mesquite Chicken Chili
Chicken, beans, and vegetables cooked with a mesquite flavoring and finished with a bit of honey. This Slow Cooker Mesquite Chicken Chili tastes like a honey BBQ chip turned into a chili!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 12 ounce package frozen corn kernels
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5 ounce can dark red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 10 ounce cans diced tomatoes with chilies not drained
- 1 1.06 ounce packet McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- For serving: honey, sour cream, cilantro, and fresh lime
In a slow cooker, stir together onion, corn, chiles, black beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, spice packet, chili powder, cocoa powder, and liquid smoke. Nestle chicken down into mixture so that the chicken is covered.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. Then, remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to pot and stir well.
Before serving, drizzle honey over each bowl and stir. I use about 1/2 tbsp of honey per one cup of chili. Serve with sour cream, cilantro, and fresh lime juice if desired.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 693mg | Potassium: 1129mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 917IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 5mg