Sous Vide Greek Chicken
Chicken marinated in a Greek style sauce, then cooked sous vide to be incredibly tender. This Sous Vide Greek Chicken is easy to make, and full of wonderful flavor!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 cloves fresh mixed garlic
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Tzatziki Sauce for serving
Use immersion circulator to heat water to 145 degrees.
In a small bowl, stir together greek yogurt, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, dried onion, oregano, rosemary, onion powder, thyme, salt, pepper, and paprika until well combined. Add chicken and stir so that chicken is well coated.
Divide chicken and sauce evenly among 4 bags which are safe for sous vide cooking (I prefer to vacuum seal bags).
Cook at 145 degrees for 2 hours.
Remove bags from water and then remove chicken from bags.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Recommend serving with Tzatziki Sauce.
- Nutrition estimate does not include Tzatziki Sauce.
Sodium: 850mg | Calcium: 41mg | Vitamin C: 3mg | Vitamin A: 149IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 875mg | Cholesterol: 145mg | Calories: 272kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 6g | Protein: 50g | Carbohydrates: 2g | Iron: 1mg