Air Fried Chicken Fingers
Chicken tenders breaded in a perfectly seasoned breadcrumb mixture, lightly coated in oil, and air fried to have a crispy exterior and juicy interior. These Air Fried Chicken Fingers will delight the pickiest of eaters!
Servings: 8 pieces
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into long, thin pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun or creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- olive oil or vegetable oil may use spray or bottled*
In a shallow bowl, whisk egg for about 30-60 seconds. Then, whisk in 1 tablespoon of water.
In a second shallow bowl, whisk together seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cajun seasoning, black pepper, parmesan cheese, cornstarch, panko breadcrumbs, and plain breadcrumbs
Dip both sides of chicken pieces in egg mixture then shake off excess liquid. Next, dredge the chicken through the breadcrumb mixture so that entire piece of chicken is coated.
Generously spray entire piece of chicken with olive oil or vegetable oil. *If you prefer to use bottled oil, you can put about 1/2 cup of oil into a shallow bowl and dip all sides of the chicken in the oil.
Cook in air fryer at 390 degrees for 4-5 minutes, then flip chicken over and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Sodium: 322mg | Calcium: 52mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 78IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 288mg | Cholesterol: 69mg | Calories: 207kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 12g | Protein: 18g | Carbohydrates: 5g | Iron: 1mg