Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Hint of Lime CrockPot Chicken Chili
This chicken chili takes about 10 minutes to put together, is filling yet healthy, and has a delicious hint of lime! Put it together in the morning for a delicious, easy dinner!
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 onion diced
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5 ounce can light red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 12 ounce bag frozen corn
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 14 ounce bag frozen peppers and onions
- 1 1.06 ounce pack McCormick Grill Mates Mojito Lime Marinade
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- for serving: fresh lime juice sour cream or plain greek yogurt, green onion, tortilla chips, cilantro, cheddar cheese
In a slow cooker, stir together all of the ingredients except for the chicken. Then, nestle the chicken down into the mixture that it's cover the chicken.
Cook on high for 6-7 hours or low for 9-10 hours.
Remove chicken from mixture and shred with two forks, then return to crock pot.
Serve it up however you'd like, but I choose to stir it up 1.5 cups of chili with 2 tbsp of plain greek yogurt and 1/2 tbsp lime juice. Then, I like to top it with green onions, cilantro and tortilla chips.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 866mg | Potassium: 1077mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2510IU | Vitamin C: 16.9mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 3.5mg