Farro Arugula Salad
Fresh herbs, vegetables, and farro mixed with a perfect lemony vinaigrette. This Farro Arugula Salad will take your salad game to the next level.
Servings: 8 servingsf
- 1 1/4 cups dried farro cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 medium sized cucumber cut into small chunks (~1/3” cubes)
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup baby tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 medium sized lemon
- Zest of 1 medium sized lemon
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon black pepper
Cook farro according to package directions. Place in a medium sized bowl.
In a large bowl stir together arugula, cucumber, green onions, red onion, tomatoes, feta, dill, mint, parsley, and oregano. NOTE: If you plan on using salad for leftovers, stir arugula into individual salads before serving. The arugula with dressing does not save well.
In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Pour over warm farro and mix well. Taste, and add salt or pepper to taste, if needed.
Pour farro and vinaigrette into bowl with vegetables and mix well. Again, taste, and if needed, add more salt and pepper.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 612IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1mg