Hummus veggie wraps. Sauted vegetables, avocado, hummus, greens and feta cheese rolled into a sun-dried tomato wrap. Light, flavorful and perfect for a summer lunch.
I adore a good sandwich or wrap. Especially with some avocado and fresh greens. Give me everything green! My husband, not so much. For lunch packing ease, I tend to make things that all of us will eat. It’s just too much to make everyone different things.
Side story: I’m not kidding about packing us all the same things. Sometimes that means I even take myself little snack bags of Apple Jacks to work. Recently, I was in the room with a patient and opened my desk drawer to grab something. The patient saw my snack bag of Apple Jacks in my drawer and said, “That’s sweet, you keep that for kids?” It was kinda awkward when I had to say, “No, that’s just my snack for today.”
Back to the wraps: When I know I’m going to be having a girls’ lunch day, or my mom is in town, I immediately start dreaming of all the avocado, butternut squash, greens, and other tasty things I can prepare since I’ll have a friend to enjoy it with me.
Last week, my daughter had tubes put into her ears, so my mom came into town to help out with watching her and my son. I mentioned in my Roasted Vegetables and Chicken Risotto (Instant Pot or Stove Top) post that if you’re going to fly 500 miles to watch my children, the least I can do is fix you some tasty food.
These hummus veggie wraps were the answer for a delicious mother/daughter lunch. They couldn’t be easier, or quicker to make, but make me think I’m in a cute little restaurant savoring a wrap. Obviously you can change up the dressing used, or add other vegetables, but this is my wrap of choice!
Hummus Veggie Wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion sliced into thin strips
- 1 red pepper sliced into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups packed torn spring salad mix
- Roasted garlic hummus I use Sabra brand
- 1/2 avocado sliced thinly
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Honey balsamic vinaigrette I use Ken's SteakHouse Brand, use amount you prefer
- 4 Wrap I use Mission sun-dried tomato basil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add sliced red onion, sliced red pepper, garlic, and shredded carrots. Cook until softened, about 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, tear lettuce into small chunks. Pour honey balsamic vinaigrette over lettuce and mix well.
- Lay out wraps. Down the center of wrap, spread hummus.
- Then, spread out sliced avocado, cooked veggies, lettuce, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Fold ends of wrap toward each other, and then roll. Cut in half to serve.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed these veggie hummus wraps, you might also enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Amazon links to items used to make this recipe: