Soft, cinnamon banana bread with swirls of caramel throughout. This Caramel Banana Bread will be your new favorite sweet bread!
Kids and Food
Whenever I’m making a grocery list, my kids have a lot of suggestions and input. They name about eighty things they want. If it’s something healthy, like fruit, I try to accommodate their requests.
So, I come home with said fruit, and it goes bad over the course of the week while they refuse to eat it.
As I’m not one to waste food, we ended up having a lot of banana bread in my house.
Caramel Banana Bread
A couple of months ago I decided to try making a Caramel Banana Bread with our overripe bananas. I made it in too small of a pan, so it didn’t turn out quite how I wanted.
I made the bread again, in a bigger pan, and it turned out perfectly. Then it was eaten before I could photograph it.
So, the next week, you guessed it, I made it again. I did photograph it this time, but was not pleased with the photos. I’m still figuring out my lighting and photography in my new house.
This week though, the stars aligned – I made it, photographed it and the pictures turned out well enough to share! The other positive development is that I upped the cinnamon this last time which made for a lovely addition. I sort of felt like I was eating Bananas Foster Bread.
I have a few tips to help ensure success when you make this recipe:
If you’re making this bread, I recommended a 9×5 loaf pan. If you do not have one, you can use an 8×4, but only fill the pan 2/3 of the way. You will not use all the batter, but will have a much better result.
I do not like to measure bananas in bread for multiple reasons. First, it’s a lot of work to smash then measure bananas. Second, I have found that it doesn’t really change the outcome.
Use 3 medium sized bananas for this recipe. Then check your bread after 50 minutes by sticking a knife into the center. If it comes out clean, you’re done. If it has wet batter, bake it for a few more minutes.
If you have large bananas you may need a few more minutes to bake, but you will still have a great bread.
This Caramel Banana Bread is an easy to make, delicious treat!
Caramel Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium sized bananas crushed
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tbsp caramel sauce divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use butter or cooking spray to grease the inside of a large (9 in x5 in) loaf pan.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until lightened, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides as needed.
- On low speed, mix in crushed bananas until well combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Gradually beat into banana mixture.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Drizzle 1.5 tbsp caramel sauce over batter and use a toothpick or fork to swirl it evenly over top of batter. Pour remaining half of batter into pan. Drizzle remaining 1.5 tbsp caramel sauce over top of batter, and again use toothpick or fork to evenly swirl it over top of batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until knife inserted into center of bread comes out with just crumbs.
- I use Smucker’s jarred caramel sauce for this recipe.
- See notes in post regarding use of smaller loaf pan and banana size.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed this Caramel Banana Bread, you should check out these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Blueberry Banana Bread
Caramelized Banana Pudding
North Carolina Sourdough Bread
Orange Cinnamon Rolls
Links to items used to make this recipe:
I’m so glad!! Thanks for sharing!!