Instant Pot Yogurt. This yogurt takes about 3 minutes to put together, makes a ton, and is delicious! Plus, it’s made with Fairlife lactose free milk, making it easier on those who are lactose sensitive.
I hated yogurt growing up. I thought it tasted sour, and even when mixed with sugar, I didn’t care for it. My freshman year of college I got sick and had to take an antibiotic, and my physician suggested that I eat some yogurt while on the antibiotic. It seemed like a good idea, so I went to the grocery store and bought Trix yogurt. The first container I found to be tolerable, the second okay, and by the forth or fifth, I was sold. As years passed, I began to like other brands and types as well.
These days, I like yogurt no matter how it comes. Plain, flavored, whipped, Greek, non-fat, full fat, with fruit, without … I just like yogurt. My son has taken after me and loves yogurt as well. Every week we pick out the yogurt that we each want at the grocery store, and then every morning that week we have an argument about why he has to eat the one he picked and not the one I picked. Toddler mom life.
Well recently my mother went to a cooking class where she learned how to make yogurt in the Instant Pot (Amazon link to my version). She’s been raving about it for a while, and I just haven’t gotten around to making it … it seemed like it would be a lot of work. I heard her say it was almost no work, but just wasn’t processing that.
This past week when my mom was visiting, she decided to make her Instant Pot yogurt. It literally took her about 3 minutes to put it together. And, it was amazing. My son and I both loved it. My son usually asks for fruit and granola in his, but the day he tried it he said, “mom I want another bowl without anything, I just want to eat the yogurt.”. Yeah, it’s good.
Also to be mentioned is that this recipe uses Fairlife milk, which is lactose free. So, for some us lactose sensitive folk, that’s a good thing.
Instant Pot Yogurt
- 52 ounce bottle Fairlife milk (whole), divided
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt containing active live cultures
- Pour 50 ounces of the milk into instant pot bowl. Then, stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- Place remaining 2 ounces of milk into a small bowl, and whisk in plain greek yogurt until well combined. Once combined whisk into milk mixture in pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to yogurt setting, which should set to 8 hours, and cover with lid.
- When finished cooking, transfer to a glass or plastic container with lid. Store in refrigerator. NOTE: You may save 2 tbsp of this yogurt to use as the starter in next batch.
If you enjoyed this Instant Pot Yogurt, you might enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
To make this recipe I used this instant pot. I LOVE this thing. It’s life changing.