Chicken marinated in balsamic and herbs de Provence, then cooked in an Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Roasted Balsamic Chicken tastes like a pull-apart rotisserie chicken, but made in much less time!
Instant Pot Chicken
I keep looking at these pictures and thinking, “that chicken looks like a rotisserie chicken!” But guess what, it was made in an Instant Pot! So crazy, right?!
You probably read the title so already knew that, but get this, it took me less than 20 minutes of effort to make. This chicken has blown my mind.
My husband is non-discriminatory when it comes to chicken. He enjoys both white meat and dark meat. Really, he’s non-discriminatory with meat in general.
But me, I’m a chicken breast girl. If it weren’t for my husband, this blog would probably be need to be named something along the lines of “Dessert and Chicken Breast Recipes.”
In any case, for the sake of my husband and children, I try to make whole chickens every once in a while.
Honestly though, cooking a whole chicken is kind of intimidating to me. So, when I learned that a whole chicken can be cooked in an Instant Pot, I got really excited.
Seasoning and Marinade
The seasoning and marinade for this recipe is adapted from a delicious Epicurious recipe. I actually use that recipe quite frequently for grilled chicken in the summer.
If you do not have Herbs de Provence, My Recipes has a recipe you can use to make it here.
Easy to Make
This recipe is super easy to make with minimal hands on time. The marinade takes only a few minutes to make.
The chicken is then marinated for 2 hours, followed by a 5 minute saute in the Instant Pot.
Finally, it’s cooked on high pressure for 10 minutes followed by a 10 minute natural release.
That adds up to about 20 minutes of work some delicious chicken!
Serve this Instant Pot Roasted Chicken with some salad or veggies for a super easy, delicious meal!
Instant Pot Roasted Balsamic Chicken
- 3 pound whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a bowl with lid or in a sealable bag, mix together balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, and pepper. Once mixed, add chicken. Cover bowl or seal bag and shake to ensure that all chicken is coated with marinade. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from marinade. Mix together herbs de Provence and salt. Coat skin side of chicken with the spice mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in Instant Pot on saute mode. Add 4 pieces of chicken, skin side down, and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from pot and add the other 4 pieces of chicken skin side down. Again, cook for 5 minutes and then remove chicken from pot.
- Add white cooking wine to pot to deglaze bottom of the pot. Once the pot has been deglazed, add chicken broth.
- Place Instant Pot steaming rack in pot. Stack chicken on rack, placing the legs and thighs on the bottom, and the breasts and wings on top.
- Seal pot and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Let natural release for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and serve warm.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed this Instant Pot Roasted Balsamic Chicken, you may also enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes: