Instant Pot Roasted Balsamic Chicken. A whole chicken marinated in balsamic and herbs de Provence, then cooked in an Instant Pot. Tastes like a pull-apart rotisserie chicken, but in much less time!
You’re probably looking at that picture above and thinking, “that looks like a rotisserie chicken!” But guess what, it was made in an Instant Pot! Crazy, right?!?! You probably read the title so already knew that, but get this, it took me less than 20 minutes of effort to make. This chicken has blown my mind.
My husband is non-discriminatory when it comes to chicken and enjoys eating all parts. Really he’s non-discriminatory with meat in general. Me, I’m a chicken breast girl. If it weren’t for my husband, this blog would probably be named something along the lines of CakesAndChickenBreasts.com.
In any case, I try to make whole chickens every once in a while. Honestly though, they’re kind of intimidating to me. However, when I learned that you can cook a whole chicken in an Instant Pot, I got really excited.
The seasoning and marinade is adapted from a delicious Epicurious recipe that is one of my go-to summer cookout meals. I liked it so much that I wanted to use it on a whole chicken. It was a good call.
This recipe is pretty darn easy to make. The marinade takes just a few minutes to throw together, you marinate the chicken for 2 hours, saute in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes, and then cook it up on high pressure for 10 minutes. Serve it with some salad or veggies, and you have a perfect, super easy, but delicious meal!
Instant Pot Roasted Balsamic Chicken
- 3 pound whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a bowl with lid or in a sealable bag, mix together balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, and pepper. Once mixed, add chicken. Cover bowl or seal bag and shake to ensure that all chicken is coated with marinade. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from marinade. Mix together herbs de Provence and salt. Coat skin side of chicken with the spice mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in Instant Pot on saute mode. Add 4 pieces of chicken, skin side down, and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from pot and add the other 4 pieces of chicken skin side down. Again, cook for 5 minutes and then remove chicken from pot.
- Add white cooking wine to pot to deglaze bottom of the pot. Once the pot has been deglazed, add chicken broth.
- Place Instant Pot steaming rack in pot. Stack chicken on rack, placing the legs and thighs on the bottom, and the breasts and wings on top.
- Seal pot and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Let natural release for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and serve warm.
If you enjoyed this Instant Pot Roasted Balsamic Chicken, you’ll probably enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes: