Coconut Milk Pancakes. Fluffy, delicious pancakes made with coconut milk and sweetened with honey!
Post Vacation Dinner
In July my husband and I took our kids to the beach. The day before we were supposed to leave to go home, it rained, a lot. Given that our kids are 1 and 3 years old, there wasn’t a lot we could do with them. We searched for toddler activities, but couldn’t find anything in the area. Finally, we decided that the move was to come home early so that we could take them to kid friendly places in our town the next day.
As with any car trip with kids, it took longer than we expected. We got home just at dinner time, but given we had been away for vacation, we didn’t have any food in the house. It was too late to get takeout and get our kids to bed at a reasonable time, so I wanted to make something quick with what I could find around the kitchen. I had a can of coconut milk, and decided I could use it to make some tasty pancakes.
Coconut Milk Pancakes
The coconut milk pancakes for dinner turned out to be a hit with our kids. And me too. I liked them so much that I continued to make them and tweak them for Saturday morning breakfasts for a few weeks.
These coconut milk pancakes are light and fluffy, and lightly sweetened with honey. They’re ideally served with coconut and fresh berries. They’re quick and easy to make, and perfect for any breakfast or brunch!
Coconut Milk Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg beaten
- ~ 3 tbsp butter
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, coconut oil, honey, coconut milk, vanilla, and egg until just combined. Do not over mix. Let sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Melt about 1/2 tbsp butter in heated skillet. Then, pour in piles of ~1/4-1/3 cup batter, leaving a few inches between each pile. Let cook until top of pancaks in skillet start to bubble, about 2-3 minutes. Flip pancake and let cook on other side until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Repeat for the rest of batter, adding another 1/2 tbsp butter to skillet after each batch of pancakes have cooked on both sides.
- Serve warm with desired toppings. Shredded coconut is a great topping choice!
If you enjoyed these Coconut Milk Pancakes, you should check out these other SugarSpicesLife recipes: