Vegetables and fresh herbs in a flavorful dressing, served over hummus. This Hummus Vegetable Salad is a perfect appetizer, side dish or party food!
I love a good salad. Hummus, vegetable, pasta, lettuce …. whatever the type, except for salads with mayo, I’m a fan. My kids used to be that way too. I would actually make them little salads to take to daycare. Then they decided salads were gross and have since refused to eat them.
My husband likes salads, but they don’t fill him. Meaning if I were to make one for a meal, I would have to heavily supplement with other items. All that to say, I don’t make salads all that often.
However, if we’re having friends or family over for a meal, it’s the perfect opportunity to create some salad sides. The last time my parents came to visit, I experiment with a few salads, including this hummus vegetable salad.
Hummus Vegetable Salad
Although I’m calling this a salad, it works as a side dish, appetizer, or party food. Make some homemade pita chips to go along and it’s a perfect for a group.
For this recipe, I used red onion, cucumber, red bell pepper and tomatoes. However you can easily switch up or add ingredients as you see fit.
I think green onions, carrots, or beats would each make lovely additions.
I used premade, regular hummus for this salad. But you can always use flavored or homemade varieties – you really can’t go wrong.
Pita chips are a great for serving, but you might also consider pretzels or multigrain tortilla chips.
This Hummus Vegetable Salad is easy to put together and will be sure to impress!
Hummus Vegetable Salad
- 1 medium cucumber cut into ~1/2″ cubes
- 1 cup baby tomatoes haved
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces hummus
- ~1 tbsp olive oil
- ~1 tbsp balsamic reduction
- pita chips* see notes below
- In a medium sized bowl, toss together cucumber, baby tomatoes, bell pepper, ren onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Spread out hummus on a large serving plate. Pour vegetable/herb mixture over hummus.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic reduction over vegetables and hummus.
- Serve with pita chips.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed this Hummus Vegetable Salad, you might also enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Links to items used to make this recipe: