Mini Fruit Pizza. Individually sized fruit pizzas. A sugar cookie crust with cream cheese and Cool Whip topping, fresh fruit, and finished with a perfectly sweetened glaze.
Five or six years ago my husband and I were part of a small group at our church. We’d meet each week to have dinner together and then do a bible study. For dinners, we’d rotate who was going to make what. I always angled to get on dessert duty, but it was a pretty fair distribution, so other people got to do it as well. And for that, I am happy, because that is where I first had this ridiculously amazing fruit pizza.
I met my friend Whitney at church around the time we started the small group and invited Whitney and her husband to come. It was kismit … Whitney loves to cook as much as I do. Before Whitney, I did not know anyone who was as involved in the food world as I am. For example, I can say, “I read this on so and so’s blog”, and she’s like “oh yeah, I know that blog, and let me tell you about this other awesome food blog too.”
One week when I was probably moping about not having dessert duty, Whitney brought this fruit pizza that brightened my day. This is her mama’s recipe, and it is delishhhhhh!!! When Whitney and her mama make it, they press the sugar cookie dough into a 9×13 pan, and use 1 cup of powdered sugar in the cream cheese spread. I made these for a 4th of July cookout and thought individual fruit pizzas would be easier to pick off a table. Plus, individually sized desserts are just cute, and make you feel good about yourself.
On other notes, when I asked Whitney if I could share this, she asked her mom, and without hesitation they both said, “yes!” They’re good people. So enjoy, and thank those sweet ladies for sharing these little bites of Heaven.
Mini Fruit Pizza
Cookies and Fruit
- 1 package of sugar cookie dough
- Fruit for topping: canned mandarin oranges, blueberries, bananas, strawberries, kiwi, fresh or canned peaches, blueberries
Cream Cheese Spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed if frozen
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1.5 tbsp corn starch
- Roll dough to about 1/3" thickness and cut into ~2.5" round circles with a biscuit cutter or cup.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Let cool before decorating.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, whipped topping, water, powdered sugar and corn starch until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over top of each cookie (about 1.5-2 tbsp per cookie).
- Drain pineapple, then spread pineapple evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Use desired fruit to lay on top of pineapple (for mine, I used canned mandarin, strawberries, banana, and blueberries).
- In a small pot over medium heat, whisk together sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, water and corn starch.
- Whisk constantly until mix begins to bubble and thicken. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, spread over fruit.
Enjoy this mini fruit pizza recipe? You’ll probably enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes: