Wonton Taco Cups. Taco beef in a baked wonton wrapper, topped with cheese, salsa and your favorite taco toppings. Easy and quick to make. Perfect for a snack, appetizer, or party food!
I like to feed people. Especially my husband. It makes me happy when I can make someone else happy with food. Every once in a while I think of something that I think he’ll like to eat, and get really excited about it. Such as these cute little taco cups!
A few weeks ago when I was planning to make Ground Turkey Pot Stickers, I had a tough time find wonton wrappers. My husband and I both looked at a few grocery stores with no avail, and ended up with spring roll wrappers. So, on my next grocery store trip the following week, when I saw that wonton wrappers were in stock, I got really excited and bought a pack.
Do you ever get excited about ingredients in the grocery store and buy them without a plan? I try not to, but sometimes it just happens. Then, I don’t want them to go bad, so I have to come up with a recipe. It’s actually pretty fun. Especially when it’s involves something like Nutella or pumpkin anything….
For the wonton wrappers, I wanted to come up with something that my husband would like for a post kids bedtime snack. He likes nachos, so I thought turning these little wonton wrappers into tacos would be the perfect plan. I was correct. These took about 10 minutes to put together, and he loved them.
This is one of those recipes that requires minimal effort with a great result. In my book, those are the best recipes. I topped these with salsa (Restaurant Style Blender Salsa or Corn Salsa would work well), cheese, and green onions, but obviously you can make them into your own version of a perfect mini taco!
Wonton Taco Cups
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1.25 ounce package taco seasoning
- 1 cup mixed cheese
- Toppings: sour cream green onions, salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place a wonton wrapper in each muffin spot, and press into tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Mix taco seasoning packet contents with 3/4 cup water.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add taco seasoning mix to skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once wonton wrappers are browned, divide ground beef among wonton wrappers. Top with mixed cheese. Return to oven and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- Top with desired toppings.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed these Wonton Taco Cups, you’ll probably enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Grilled Cilantro Lime Tacos
Baked Salsa Verde Taquitos
Restaurant Style Blender Salsa