Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos. Chicken marinated in a cilantro, lime sauce and grilled to perfection. Then, put in a tortilla, topped with grilled vegetables and pickled red onions, making it the perfect taco.
Note: Above photo also has blackened steak in the taco. That recipe is coming soon!
I love potstickers. It’s been a while since I’ve made them, but I was in the mood to have them tonight. I bought the stuff to make them, and my husband, being sweet and generous, offered to make them.
My recipe for the potstickers was inspired by something I saw on an episode of Guy Fieri’s Dinners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I jotted down a couple of very non-specific notes in my phone. Tonight when my husband said, “Where is the recipe?”, I gave him my notes. He has never made potstickers, and has never used wonton wrappers. My little notes didn’t include these details. His potstickers turned out quite tasty, but were one of the ugliest foods I’ve ever seen. My husband says he’s not up for making potstickers again, but they were so tasty, I do plan on making them again and getting them camera ready.
Tonight’s dinner was certainly outside the norm what my husband generally cooks. He’s more of a grilling guy. A couple of week ago he made these grilled cilantro lime chicken tacos, and I can’t remember much about them, except that they were delicious! Everyone at our house that night, kids included, loved them. And, they were in shape for a photo shoot!
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast sliced in half if thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Red Onion Topping
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- pinch sugar
- pinch salt
- salsa, cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and jalapeno for toppings
- small flour tortillas
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in medium sized bowl or container with lid.
- Mix together olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and garlic. Pour over seasoned chicken. Place lid on bowl or container and shake well to evenly coat chicken.
- Place chicken with marinade in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Slice red onion thinly and toss with lime juice, sugar, and salt. Place in container in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Slice red pepper, green pepper and onion into thin slices. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn grill on to 500 degrees. Once grill reaches 500, turn down to 450.
- Place veggies on grilling pan and grill until tender, stirring occasionally, about 10-12 minutes.
- Place chicken directly on grill. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- For serving, cut chicken thinly. Serve on tortillas with veggies and marinated red onions. May also top with salsa, cheese, sour cream, cilantro, jalapeno, or whatever else your heart desires!
Note: Photos also have blackened steak in the tacos. The recipe for that will be coming soon!
Enjoy these Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos? You’ll probably like these other SugarSpicesLife recipes: