Deliciously seasoned flank steak grilled to your desired temperature, then topped with a tasty chimichurri sauce. This Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce is quick to make but sure to impress!
It takes me a while to get recipes ready to be shared. First, I have to make sure I’m satisfied with the recipe. Then, I have to take photos, edit the photos, and write a post. I love doing all of these things, but it definitely takes some time.
Currently, I have about fifteen recipes waiting to be shared. A couple of weeks ago I got a new camera, so the recipe photos I have waiting are divided into pre and post new camera.
This Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce was shot with my old camera. In comparison to my new photos, I’m disappointed. However, this is a delicious recipe, so I will not let photos get in the way of sharing it.
I spent a good bit of time looking into cameras. I asked multiple photographers what camera(s) they use, then looked up reviews and comparisons of their recommendations.
After extensive research, I decided on a Canon EOS 6D. I thought it would give me better clarity and colors, but wasn’t positive. Well, it does. Y’all, it’s amazing.
I need to step up my photography game to become worthy of this thing. I’m sure I’ll chat more about my camera and comparisons later, but for now, just know that this flank steak is even more delicious than these photos show.
Right after my husband and I were married, we were introduced to flank steak. It instantly became one of our favorite meats to grill.
We have flank steak with manu types of sauces, all of which pair well with the steak, but none quite as well as chimichurri sauce. Chimichurri sauce is flavorful and refreshing.
I firmly believe that chimichurri to flank steak is like jelly to peanut butter. They were made to go together. Not only is chimichurri delicious, but it’s super easy to make, and just can’t be beat.
This Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce recipe is a grilling staple in our house. During grilling season, meaning anytime it’s not raining or snowing, we have it at least once a month.
In our house, we prefer for steak to be prepared medium-rare. Obviously though, you should cook the steak to your desired temperature. Cook’s Illustrated has a good chart of meat temperatures you can use for reference.
Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 1/2 to 2 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Brush olive oil over both sides of steak.
- Mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, and chili powder. Coat both sides of steak with spice mix.
- Turn grill on to 500 degrees. Once it reaches 500, turn down to 450 degrees. Place steak directly on grill. Grill until desired temperature is reached (medium-rare on our grill was about 4 minutes per side, time will vary depending on thickness of steak, monitor with thermometer).
- Let rest at least 8-10 minutes before cutting.
- Mix together all chimichurri ingredients until well combined.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed this Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce, you may also enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes: