Hint of Lime CrockPot Chicken Chili. This chicken chili takes about 10 minutes to put together, is filling yet healthy, and has a delicious hint of lime! Put it together in the morning for a delicious, easy dinner!
Obviously I love cooking, or I wouldn’t be writing a blog about it. But sometimes, I don’t have a ton of time for it. Sometimes I have to work late, or my kids are sick, or my kids are being terrible, or I just don’t feel like it. Those are the days I love my slow cooker the most. And I actually use my Instant Pot on slow cooker mode, so it’s yet another reason I love my Instant Pot.
I can’t tell you the number of times we’ve had some variation of taco slow cooker chicken chili. It’s easy to make, and pretty darn tasty. But, I’ve gotten kinda sick of the taco seasoning flavor. I’m pretty sure we had it eighteen thousand times last winter. Last week I wanted a slow cooker chicken chili, but wanted it to be a little different than the usual taco seasoning taste.
I went to the grocery store without an exact plan. I bought some canned tomatoes, frozen peppers and onions, and frozen corn since those are given ingredients for chili in my book. But when it came to seasonings, I needed some inspiration. In the spice pack row I found McCormick Grill Mates Mojito Lime Marinade. That sounded like it would be good in a chili, so I bought it and gave it a try. It was a success!
For the photos, I used Greek yogurt on the top. After I took a few photos, I stirred it into my chili with some lime juice. I didn’t know what to expect, but it worked beautifully. The Greek yogurt turned it in into a creamy chili without using cheese. That may be my new chili obsession.
This hint of Lime CrockPot Chicken Chili is quick and easy to put together, freezes well, and has a delicious lime taste! Plus, it feeds a crowd, so it’s perfect for a party or family dinner for two nights!
Hint of Lime CrockPot Chicken Chili
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 onion diced
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5 ounce can light red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 12 ounce bag frozen corn
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 14 ounce bag frozen peppers and onions
- 1 1.06 ounce pack McCormick Grill Mates Mojito Lime Marinade
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- for serving: fresh lime juice sour cream or plain greek yogurt, green onion, tortilla chips, cilantro, cheddar cheese
- In a slow cooker, stir together all of the ingredients except for the chicken. Then, nestle the chicken down into the mixture that it's cover the chicken.
- Cook on high for 6-7 hours or low for 9-10 hours.
- Remove chicken from mixture and shred with two forks, then return to crock pot.
- Serve it up however you'd like, but I choose to stir it up 1.5 cups of chili with 2 tbsp of plain greek yogurt and 1/2 tbsp lime juice. Then, I like to top it with green onions, cilantro and tortilla chips.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed this Hint of Lime CrockPot Chicken Chili, you’ll probably enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Roasted Vegetables and Chicken Risotto (Instant Pot or Stove Top)
Quinoa Turkey Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
Skillet Mexican Street Corn
Andouille Sausage Chicken and Rice