Coconut Lime Zucchini Bread. Toasted coconut and fresh lime zucchini bread that is topped with a toasted coconut and lime glaze.
Welcome to day one of zucchini week on the blog!! This week will be full of zucchini recipes. We have a garden. I use the term ‘we’ loosely … I look at the garden for a few minutes every week or two, but it’s primarily my husband’s thing. This year has not been the year for our garden. I think a combination of weather and general garden neglect has prohibited us from growing much of anything. Our neighbors on the other hand, their garden is thriving. Since our neighbors are great, they have given us some of their GIANT zucchini.
I looked at those zucchini beasts and decided it was time for zucchini week. First thing I did was use the grating attachment on my food processor to grate up both of them. The two zucchini made about eighteen cups shredded. I used quite a bit of that over the course of a week, but the rest I froze in Ziplock bags containing two cups of zucchini each. I have frozen zucchini like this in the past, and it has worked very well.
Every year I make various zucchini breads that always turn out well. However, they’re pretty standard. This year I wanted to do something different, and something that would be knock your socks off delicious. I thought that toasted coconut would go well with the zucchini, and that lime would be a nice addition as well. I was very correct.
This bread is hands down my new favorite zucchini loaf bread. And it’s hard to call it bread, it’s like a delicious cake. No matter what you want to call it though, it’s amazing. Really amazing. I single handedly ate the entire loaf over the course of about four days.
This coconut lime zucchini bread is like a cross between a margarita and a cake. It uses toasted coconut and fresh limes in the batter AND for the frosting. It is delicious!
Coconut Lime Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tbsp lime juice divided
- zest of 1 lime divided
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Spread coconut in even layer on prepared sheet.
- Bake until edges start to brown, about 10 minutes. Watch closely as it can burn easily.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8″ x 4″ loaf pan.
- Set aside 2 tbsp of the toasted coconut.
- In a large bowl, mix together all but the 2 tbsp of the toasted coconut, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, and sugar until well combined.
- Then, add zucchini, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, 2 tbsp of lime juice and zest of 1/2 of the lime. Stir again until well combined. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until knife inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, 1 tbsp lime juice, and zest of remaining 1/2 of the lime until smooth.
- Pour evenly over cooled loaf. Top with remaining 2 tbsp of toasted coconut.
If you enjoyed this Coconut Lime Zucchini Bread, you should check out these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Links to items used to make this recipe: