Salted Caramel Fudgy Brownies. Rich, fudgy brownies with a ribbon of homemade caramel. Topped with a little salt to give the perfect balance.
If you’ve read any of my posts with dessert recipes, you’ve heard me say that my husband is not a big fan of desserts. It’s a good thing for our family, because if he liked desserts as much as me, our house would be covered in cakes. However, there are a few things he likes, including brownies.
Bananas Foster Cake
A couple of weeks ago my parents came to visit, and it was just before my dad’s birthday. When I’m around someone I love near their birthday, I make them cake. My dad likes bananas and caramel, and I wanted to try out something new, so I made a bananas foster cake. It was basically a cinnamon cake with bananas foster as the filling, and a rum caramel buttercream. It was delicious! I will likely be sharing that recipe soon!
In any case, for his bananas foster cake, I used the caramel recipe from my Chocolate Caramel Cake, which makes three cups of caramel. I had a quite a bit left over, and wanted to find a fabulous way to use it.
Salted Caramel Fudgy Brownies
Last week I had the caramel on my mind. My husband had a late meeting one night, so after the kids went to bed, I decided to use the caramel in some brownies to have waiting for my husband when he got home. It was an all around success. A) My husband really liked them, which is a huge win for me. B) I got to use some of the delicious caramel. C) Both my kids and I loved them.
These Salted Caramel Fudgy Brownies are on the easy side to make, and they taste amazing! The most difficult part of the recipe is making the caramel sauce. If you’re pressed for time, you could always purchase caramel. But if not, I highly recommend you make it!
Salted Caramel Fudgy Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce use the recipe from this post, or purchase jarred
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line bottom and sides of 9" square pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Stir in sugar and light brown sugar.
- Next, stir in melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir until batter is well combined, but still lumpy.
- Spread half of batter into bottom of pan. Spread 1/4 cup caramel sauce evenly over batter. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt over caramel. Spread remaining batter over top of caramel. Drizzle remaining caramel over the top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of pan comes out clean.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed these Salted Caramel Fudgy Brownies, you’ll probably enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Crispy Top Fudgy Brownies
Caramelized Banana Pudding
Brown Butter Mud Hen Bars
These brownies look delicious!