Instant Pot Pot Roast. Fall apart tender beef with deliciously seasoned carrots and potatoes. The tastiest, and easiest, way to make pot roast.
When Instant Pot first started popping up among my friends, I wasn’t all that interested. I thought, “I have plenty of kitchen gadgets, including two slow cookers, no way I need that thing.” As I started learning more about Instant Pot though, I became intrigued.
I became so intrigued that I was secretly hoping my main slow cooker would die so that I would have an excuse to purchase an Instant Pot. Then last fall, my dreams came true: my main slow cooker stopped working.
Stove Top Woes
I discussed in my Chicken Tikka Masala (Slow Cooker or Instant Pot) post that the first few days with my Instant Pot were not ideal. In an unfortunate set of circumstances, I ruined the pot on my stove top. I purchased a new one and vented to my girlfriends about the mishap. My friend Becky said something along the lines of, “once you make a pot roast in your Instant Pot, it’ll change your life and you won’t even care you had to buy another one.”
Instant Pot Pot Roast
Friends, Becky was correct. Instant Pot pot roast will change your pot roast making life. Slow cooker pot roast is good, but when you make it in the Instant Pot, the beef just falls apart it’s so tender and juicy. It cannot be beat. This recipe uses two seasoning packets, which makes it easy, and quite flavorful. A fabulous meal for any night of the week.
Instant Pot Pot Roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2.5 to 3 pound chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 onions cut into large chunks (each onion into about 8 chunks)
- splash red wine
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes each potato cut in half
- 1.5 cups baby carrots
- packet brown gravy mix
- packet dry ranch mix
- 2 cups beef broth
- Mix together salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Evenly rub over outside of chuck roast.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode and heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Sear each side of chuck roast for 2 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add remaining tbsp of olive oil to pot with onions. Saute until onions are softened, about 4 minutes. Add splash of red wine to deglaze bottom of pot. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and beef to pot.
- In a small bowl, mix together beef broth with gravy mix and ranch mix. Pour over beef.
- Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes. Let natural release for 15 minutes.
- Remove beef from pot and shred with two forks. Serve with juices and vegetables from pot.
If you enjoyed this Instant Pot Pot Roast, you will probably like these other SugarSpicesLife recipes: