Soft, chewy cookies with a hint of orange, filled with sweetened dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. These Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies are an addictively delicious treat!
12 DAYS OF HOLIDAY TREATS: DAY 5
Today is Day 5 of SugarSpicesLife 12 Days of Holiday Treats! This is a 12 day series of holiday treat recipes! Today’s Recipe: Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies.
Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
This fall my parents came to visit and brought me a 4 pound bag of Craisins (**Editor’s note: reasons behind the enormous bag of craisins remain unclear. But we’ll take it.). So, my kids have had Craisins in their lunch on a regular basis, and I have made multiple Craisin-centered recipes.
One such recipe is for Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken that I’ll be sharing soon! But today, I’m sharing my Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies!
For these cookies, I use 3/4 cup white sugar and 3/4 cup light brown sugar. The combination makes for a slightly chewy, yet soft cookie.
If you like chewy cookies, you can always lower the white sugar content to 1/4 to 1/2 cup while leaving the light brown sugar at 3/4 cup.
To add additional flavor to these cookies, I used 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of fresh orange zest.
The orange flavor is very mild but tastes so good with the sweetened dried cranberries!
Cranberries and White Chocolate
After making the dough, I stirred in:
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips (I use Nestle brand)
For the prettiest cookies, set aside 2-3 tablespoons of the cranberries and 2-3 tablespoons of the white chocolate. After forming the dough into balls, press a few of the cranberries and white chocolate chips into the top of each.
This extra step allows the cranberries and white chocolate to be seen on top of the cookie, making them extra pretty.
These Cranberry White Chocolate cookies are irresistibly soft, chew, and full of holiday flavor!
Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar gently packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use stand mixer fit with paddle attachment to beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until lightened and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one a time, scraping down sides as needed. Then, beat in vanilla extract and orange zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter until well combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and sweetened dried cranberries. If desired, set aside a few tablespoons of the white chocolate chips and of the cranberries to use on tops of cookies.
- Form dough into 1 to 1.5 tablespoon sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat). If you set aside the white chocolate chips and cranberries, press a few into the tops of each ball of dough – this allows them to be seen on top of the cookies after baking.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed these Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies, you might also enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes: