This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BistroCreations
Hawaiian rolls filled and baked with Bistro Favorites™ Applewood Smoked Turkey and Bistro Favorites™ Applewood Smoked Ham, Havarti cheese, and a dill cream cheese spread. Finished with fresh arugula and cucumber slices, these Havarti Dill Turkey and Ham Sliders are sophisticated little sandwiches that are packed with fresh, delicious flavor.
My husband and I love to cook, and we love to share our food with friends. We have developed somewhat of a reputation for making flavorful and adventurous meals that impress our foodie friends. It’s a fun reputation that we have worked hard to achieve, but the reputation adds pressure. I feel a need to make every single dish unique and amazing. Does that always happen? No way. But it’s my goal nonetheless.
I love making new, delicious food so much that for my birthday, I often spend the day cooking, and then ask a few friends to come join me for dinner. A few years ago I had such a dinner with a “Fancy Finger Foods” theme. One of the biggest hits of the evening: Havarti Dill Turkey and Ham Sliders.
In fact, the sliders were such a hit that I didn’t have time to photograph them that day before they were all eaten. No worries though, I have since remade them multiple times so that I can share the photos and recipe with you!
Havarti Dill Turkey and Ham Sliders
The first step is to line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. This makes for MUCH easier cleanup.
Next, you want to cut twelve Hawaiian Sweet Rolls in half. Use a good quality roll purchased in the bakery section of the grocery store.
Place the bottom of the rolls in the prepared baking pan.
Step 2: High Quality Meats
These sliders are taken to the next level with the use of Bistro Favorites Applewood Smoked Turkey and Bistro Favorites Applewood Uncured Smoked Ham. Bistro Favorites meats are natural, crafted by hand, high-quality, and they have plenty of fabulous flavor options (see options here).
I strive to eat natural foods that are healthy, but never want to settle for something boring. These meats are anything but boring! They are unique and perfect for my foodie and adventurous taste!
I purchased my Bistro Favorites Applewood Smoked Turkey and Bistro Favorites Applewood Uncured Smoked Ham at Weis Markets. You can find recipes and a link to find stores that sell Bistro Favorites near you here: http://cbi.as/a3wih.
Once you have your meats out, spread about 6 ounces of the turkey and 6 ounces of the ham on the bottom half of the slider rolls.
Step 3: Havarti Cheese
Thinly slice about 4 ounces of Havarti cheese. Place a piece or two of the cheese on top of the meats.
Step 4: Dill Cream Cheese Spread
In a small bowl stir together softened cream cheese, chopped fresh dill, chopped fresh chives, and a bit of kosher salt.
Spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture on the top halves of the rolls. You can use as little or as much as you desire!
After you have spread the cream cheese, place the top half of the rolls on top of the sandwiches.
Step 5: Finish and Bake
Finally, melt 4 tablespoons of butter, then stir it together with some worcestershire sauce and a little dried minced garlic.
Pour the mixture over the top of the rolls, cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake them for about 20 minutes.
Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes, at which point the meats should be warm, the cheese nice and melty, and the tops golden brown. Amazing.
Step 6: Final Touches
Let the sliders cool for a few minutes, then lift of the top of each slider and add some thinly sliced cucumbers and fresh arugula.
These Havarti Dill Turkey and Ham Sliders are made with high quality Bistro Favorites meats that take them to the next level. They are perfect to use as an appetizer, for serving at a cocktail party, or even for a delicious snack.
Havarti Dill Turkey and Ham Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 6 ounces Bistro Favorites Applewood Smoked Turkey Breast
- 6 ounces Bistro Favorites Applewood Smoked Uncured Ham
- 3 ounces Havarti cheese cut into at least 12 thin slices
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 24 thin slices of cucumber from about 1/2 of a medium sized cucumber
- ~2 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Cut Hawaiian sweet rolls in half horizontally. Place the bottom half of each roll in a single layer in prepared pan.
- Layer Bistro Favorites Applewood Smoked Turkey Breast and Bistro Favorites Applewood Smoked Uncured Ham on bottom half of rolls. Then place a piece of cheese on top of meats.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, dill chives, and kosher salt. Spread on the inner side of the top half of the rolls. Then place on top of sandwiches.
- Melt butter. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and minced dried onion. Pour evenly over the tops of the sandwiches.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil. Baked for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheeses are melty and tops of rolls are golden.
- Let sliders cool. Pick up top half of roll and add 2 slices of cucumber and desired amount of arugula into sandwich.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed these Havarti Dill Turkey and Ham Sliders, you might also enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Air Fried Onion Rings
Hummus Vegetable Salad
Farro Arugula Salad