These quick and easy chicken lime tacos can be made in an Instant Pot or Slow Cooker.
My parents came to visit this week, and I wanted to have a home cooked dinner for them the night they arrived. However, I worked all day, so by the time I got my daughter and arrived home, it was a bit late to be starting anything too involved. Tacos are my recent go to on nights like that. Given that the last few weeks have been fairly busy, we’ve had tacos probably 5 times over the last month. But, since it’s almost cinco de Mayo, it seems likes a reasonable decision. After the 5th, I’ll cut it back and go to hot dogs for the 4th of July, or something like that.
I highly recommend you make the Corn Salsa to go along with this, I think it makes the tacos. And, I recommend that you use corn tortillas – those are my fave – but to help them not break, make sure that you’re microwaving them for about 15 seconds before using them.
Chicken Lime Tacos (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch cloves
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1.5-2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- corn or flour tortillas
- toppings: white onion, cilantro, lime juice, corn salsa (see recipe)
- Mix first 13 ingredients together to make a spice/broth mixture.
- Place chicken in slow cooker or Instant Pot and cover with spice/broth mixture.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours. Or cook in Instant Pot on high pressure for 13 minutes, and let natural release for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.