Hot Milk Cake. This cake couldn’t be easier to make, but is delicious! Great on it’s own or perfect dressed up with a sauce, fruit, or whipped cream!
I love cake. All cake. Cake is my love language. If you have read many of my posts, you likely know this by now.
The manager of my office, whom I really like, retired a few weeks ago. She’s still around the office a couple of days a week, just in a different capacity, but I still wanted to make her a ‘goodbye, I’ll miss you’ and a ‘happy retirement’ gift. So, that meant I wanted to make her a special cake. I asked her about what type of cakes and pies she likes, and she mentioned that she likes ‘hot milk cake without icing.’ I thought, “I’ve never heard of such a thing!”
I started doing some research, and as it turns out, hot milk cakes are in fact a thing. Not only that, but about ten years ago my mom compiled all of our family recipes into a cookbook, and I found out that there is a hot milk cake recipe in there! As I was reading the recipe I realized I have most definitely had hot milk cake before, and most definitely liked it.
So, I made my retiring office manager this delicious hot milk cake, and it was good. I made it without icing, as she prefers it that way. And even as an icing lover, I thought it was delicious without it! With a little fruit and whipped topping, it dressed up beautifully and tastefully for summer! It is quite good with some icing too, so I’m including that recipe on here for any of you fellow sugar lovers.
Hot Milk Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Flour and grease a large loaf pan or bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together sugar and eggs and until lightened in color.
- In small bowl, sift together baking powder and flour. On low speed, gradually beat into sugar/egg mixture.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, heat butter and milk, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches a boil. Once it boils, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Gradually stir heated milk mixture into flour and egg mixture. Once it begins to incorporate, beat for about 30-60 seconds, or until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is a golden brown.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add butter and cream. Stir frequently until butter is melted.
- Add in coconut and brown sugar. Stir constantly until well combined.
- Place bundt cake on an oven safe pan. Pour sauce over top of cake. Place under broiler, on high, until browned (about 1-2 minutes).
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
Enjoy this Hot Milk Cake recipe? You’ll probably enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Lemon Strawberry Cake
Easy Homemade Ice Cream
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake
Instant Pot Yogurt
Looks dangerously delicious!
Thanks, it is pretty great!