Rustic Peach Blueberry Tart. Almond pastry filled with fresh peaches and blueberries, and hints of nutmeg and cinnamon. This dessert is beautiful, easy to make, and divinely tasty.
This past weekend I wanted to go peach picking with my kids. I thought we would all have a lovely time strolling through an orchard while picking peaches, and then we’d take them home and cook together. Doesn’t that sound great?!
But then the weekend came, and it rained, a lot. And my kids aren’t really old enough to help in the kitchen anyhow. It’s a sweet idea, but at this stage they prefer to take my measuring cups and throw them at each other.
Since I had peaches on the mind, I decided to get some from the store and make something delish with them. I wanted something different than pie or cobbler, so I figured a tart was the way to go. I don’t have a tart pan, and didn’t want to use a skillet, so a rustic tart was the answer. And friends, it was the right answer.
Why the blueberries you might ask? I didn’t have enough peaches to fill the tart. And, blueberries are fantastic with peaches.
This peach blueberry tart was quick and easy to make. The pastry and filling each took about 5 minutes of effort. Then, when it was time to assemble, things were even easier. I simultaneously rolled out the pastry, filled it, drank a glass of wine, and chatted with our friends Mark & Kelly. All of that also took about 5 minutes. Desserts like these are the best. Delicious, beautiful, easy peasy.
Rustic Peach Blueberry Tart
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup very cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 4 peaches cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- In a large bowl mix together flours, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. To do this, I cut the butter into ~1/4" slices and used a pastry cutter.
- Mix water and almond extract together. Stir into flour mixture 1 tbsp at a time.
- Use your hands to form dough into a flat oval. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- In a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, add peaches, sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and almond extract. Stir frequently until mixture boils.
- Let mixture boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat. Stir in blueberries while still hot.
Assembly and Baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the parchment paper you have set out, roll dough into a large circle (will be about 1/4" thick and about 14 inches in diameter).
- Place filling in center of dough and fold up sides over the filling. You will need to fold as you are filling to keep the juices in.
- Beat egg with a fork and 1 tbsp of water. Brush over top of pasty crust. Sprinkle extra cinnamon over top of tart if you wish.
- Place parchment paper back on pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until top of pastry is golden brown.
If you enjoyed this Peach Blueberry Tart, you’ll probably enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes: