Grilled Chicken with Lime Butter Sauce. Chicken marinated in a garlic lime sauce, grilled, and topped with spinach and a delicious lime butter sauce. Quick to put together and full of flavor!
I originally wanted to call this recipe “Lime Chicken Giovanni”, but then I realized this is quite far from Chicken Giovanni. However, that is the dish that originally inspired this one.
A year or two ago I went to an Italian restaurant with my husband and another couple, and had Chicken Giovanni. It was one of those meals that was so good that I thought about it for a few days, wishing I could eat it over and over again. So, I tried to recreate it at home. It’s been a while, so I can’t remember exactly how my attempts turned out, but I remember being pretty satisfied.
Recently I had that chicken on my mind, and starting thinking of all the ways I could change it up. I’ve been on a lime kick recently, and thought, “I bet that chicken would be pretty good with lime.” Before I got around to doing anything about it though, it slipped my mind. But, as good fortunate would have it, the thought got sparked again! I was reading through a cookbook, Jackson Hole Cooks, that my husband gave me when we were dating. In that cookbook there is a recipe for a skillet lime chicken with a lime butter sauce. As I read about that lime butter sauce, I remembered my previous idea for a lime chicken with spinach, and knew a lime butter sauce over top would be perfect.
This dish turned out just as I hoped! Well, the second time it did. The first time it didn’t quite hit the mark, so I had to tweak it a bit. But yes, the second time, it turned out amazing. It’s full of flavor, but not your typical chicken dish. Served with a salad or some bread to absorb that tasty sauce, this grilled chicken with lime butter sauce is a perfect dinner.
Grilled Chicken with Lime Butter Sauce
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon green onions chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix together olive oil, salt, pepper, chicken broth, lime zest, and garlic.
- Pour mixture over chicken. Let chicken marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat grill to 500 degrees. Once grill has heated, reduce heat to 450. Place chicken directly on grill and cook until chicken has cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, heat lime juice for about 2 minutes, then add butter. Stir constantly until butter is completely melted and sauce is opaque.
- Remove from heat and stir in dill, green onion, and salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add spinach, lime juice, and salt. Saute until spinach is completely wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Place spinach on top of chicken and drizzle with sauce.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed this Grilled Chicken with Lime Butter Sauce, you should check out these other SugarSpicesLife recipes: