These Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are delicious, soft chocolate chip cookies that have the perfect amount of peanut butter filling. Surprisingly thin for a stuffed cookie, and amazingly tasty.
A few weeks ago I was craving dessert. Let’s be honest, I’m pretty much always craving dessert. But, it was one of those days that I wanted to make something immediately. I also wanted to make something that my husband would eat. I gave him a few options, and he chose peanut butter cookies.
I do not love peanut butter cookies. But, I do love peanut butter with chocolate. I decided that the move was to make chocolate chip cookies stuffed with peanut butter. I wanted a thin, soft cookie, with enough peanut butter to taste, but not so much that it was overpowering. So, I flattened out the dough before baking it, and spread the peanut butter thin as well.
The first time I made these cookies, I was super happy with the taste, but they came out a little too flat. So, I made them again with a few adjustments. The second time they came out exactly as I hoped. They’re thin and soft with my ideal cookie to peanut butter ratio.
I have taken these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies to several cookouts, and they are a hit every time! One of the fun things about these cookies, is that since they’re thin, you wouldn’t guess they have a filling from just looking at them – the first bite is a little peanut butter surprise!
Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl or base of stand mixer, beat together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat mixture into butter mixture, scraping down sides as needed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, spread about 1/2 tbsp of dough to a 2 inch round circle. Place about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in middle of circle. Take another 1/2 tbsp of dough and spread into another 2 inch round circle. Place circle on top of peanut butter and press down edges. Repeat and leave about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until tops begin to brown.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, you should check out these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Cake
Mini Peanut Butter Oreo Chocolate No Bake Desserts
Vanilla Cake with Peanut Butter Filling and Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Brown Butter Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
[…] https://sugarspiceslife.com/2018/08/20/peanut-butter-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/https://sugarspiceslife.com/2018/05/30/german-chocolate-cake-recipe/https://sugarspiceslife.com/2018/06/02/triple-chocolate-cookies-recipe/https://sugarspiceslife.com/2018/09/07/nutella-mousse-cake-recipe/ […]