Cripsy, roasted cauliflower coated in a flavorful, creamy sauce, then tossed with crumbled Queso, green onions, and cilantro. This Mexican Street Style Cauliflower is an easy and delicious side or appetizer!
In my last post, which feels like it was about a zillion days ago, I told you about the major life changes I’ve had going on and how they have really cut into my blog posting time. I’m still adjusting to a long commute to work, waking up and going to bed earlier than I have previously, my children’s crazy summer camp schedule, and learning all there is to know at my new office.
To top it all off, my husband decided to start eating keto for a while. Although he is fine cooking and handling meals for himself with his newfound eating plan, food is my love language, so I feel a strong urge to make him meals.
My children are pretty much anti-keto. Like most kids, they’d be super pumped if I told them they could eat pizza and chicken nuggets for dinner everyday. So, I have made it a challenge for myself to make things that are “keto friendly”, and that my kids will eat with minimal complaints.
I actually have a number of recipes ready to share. I will not label them as keto because I don’t really know that they’re strictly keto, and I’m doing the best I can here. So we’ll stick with “keto friendly”. Take that as you will.
Mexican Street Style Cauliflower
I based this recipe on my Skillet Mexican Street Corn recipe. It’s one of my favorite recipes, so I tweaked it here and there to make it even tastier while being low on carbs.
Step 1: Cook the Cauliflower
You can cook the cauliflower with an air fryer or in the oven. I prefer the air fryer as it makes the cauliflower a bit crunchier, and cooks faster than in the oven, but either work well.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in olive oil.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Spread the florets in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes, toss the cauliflower, then cook an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cauliflower is lightly browned and tender.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the florets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes, toss the cauliflower, then cook an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cauliflower is lightly browned and tender.
Step 2: Make the Sauce
As the cauliflower is cooking, you can put together the sauce. Simply stir together all of the ingredients:
- Sour cream (plain Greek yogurt also works)
- Juice of 1/2 of a lime
- Zest of 1/2 of a lime
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
Once the sauce is finished and the cauliflower has cooked, you can stir the cauliflower and sauce together until all of the cauliflower is coated.
Step 3: Final Steps
Once the cauliflower has been roasted and coated in sauce, toss the cauliflower together with:
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped green onions
- Crumbled Queso Fresco
- If you are not able to find Queso Fresco, feta or goat cheese will also work.
This Mexican Street Style Cauliflower is a delicious side or appetizer that can make just about anyone a cauliflower fan!
Mexican Street Corn Cauliflower
- Florets from one head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped and gently packed
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled Queso Fresco
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees or oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss together cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Air Fryer: Place florets in a single layer in air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes, then toss. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cauliflower is lightly browned and softened.
- Oven: Place florets in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Cooke for 15 minutes, then toss. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cauliflower is lightly browned and softened.
- While cauliflower is cooking, stir together sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Once cauliflower has finished cooking, toss with sauce.
- Then, stir in cilantro, green onions, and Queso Fresco.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed this Mexican Street Style Cauliflower, you may also enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Skillet Mexican Street Corn
Air Fried Cauliflower Poppers
Air Fried Onion Rings
Skillet Beef and Cornbread Casserole
Tequila Lime Chicken Taquitos
[…] Mexican Street Style Cauliflower — Sugar Spices Life […]