Chewy Oreo M&M Cookies. Chewy brown sugar cookies filled with bits of Oreo cookies and mini M&Ms. A perfect cookie for kids and adults alike!
Whenever my kids’ classes have sign-ups to bring in food for a party, I am eager to sign up early so I can snatch a dessert spot. This year for their class Halloween parties, I was able to snag the cookie sign-up spot for both of my kids’ classes. Such a win. I made cute Halloween decorated cookies using my favorite Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing recipe, but I wanted to do something with a little chocolate as well.
Oreos and M&Ms
Kids, or at least my kids, like Oreo cookies and like M&Ms. So, it made sense to incorporate them into a cookie. My usual go-to move with cookies is to brown the butter and make then make them as soft as possible. But, I wanted to spice things up a little bit this time. I decided to make these cookies a bit on the chewy side. No one is ever sad about a brown sugar chewy cookie.
Chewy Oreo and M&M Cookies
I didn’t want the cookies to be too chewy, so I increased the brown sugar but left in some regular white sugar as well. If you want a super chewy cookie, you can substitute in more brown sugar than white, but the ratio listed below is what I find ideal for this recipe.
I crushed the Oreos fairly finely and used mini M&Ms. This way, the add-ins don’t overpower any of the bites, and it’s easy for tiny mouths to chew them. I also made the cookies on the small side since a) you can eat more, which is just a good thing, b) my 1 and 3 year old only need so much chocolate per day, and c) the add-ins make it a pretty rich cookie.
These Chewy Oreo and M&M Cookies are easy to make and are a delicious, fun treat for kids and adults alike!
Chewy Oreo M&M Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crushed Oreos
- 3/4 cup mini M&Ms plus more for tops if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, use electric mixer on medium-high speed to beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until lightened, about 3 minutes.
- On low speed, beat in egg and egg yolks one at a time, scraping sides as needed. Then, beat in vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. On medium speed, beat in flour mixture 1/2 cup at at time, until well combined. Stir in oreos and M&Ms.
- Scoop dough in 1/2 tbsp sized balls on prepared sheets, about 2 inches apart. If you want the tops of the cookies to have visible M&Ms, press a few mini M&Ms on the top of each dough ball. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until tops are golden.
- Let cool on sheet for a few minutes before removing to cooling rack.
Disclaimer: All nutritional information provided on this website is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
If you enjoyed these Chewy Oreo M&M Cookies, you will probably like these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:
Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mini Peanut Butter Oreo Chocolate No Bake Desserts
Brown Butter Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
[…] If you enjoyed these Gingerbread Men Cookies, you’ll probably enjoy these other SugarSpicesLife recipes:https://sugarspiceslife.com/2018/11/01/chewy-oreo-mm-cookies-recipe/https://sugarspiceslife.com/2018/05/17/hazelnut-shortbread-cookies-with-nutella-filling-recipe/https://sugarspiceslife.com/2018/05/30/german-chocolate-cake-recipe/https://sugarspiceslife.com/2018/10/01/healthier-apple-crisp-recipe/ […]